I’ve got a hot topic for you in this month.
And if you ask me, it hasn’t gotten enough attention over the past couple of years.
It’s your immune system, and here’s why I think it needs more attention.
Your immune system is basically like your very own Marvel superhero universe, working hard to protect your body 24/7 from invaders.
Here’s the overlooked part: when you strengthen your immune system, you actually create a fitter, stronger, leaner, and healthier body.
Strengthening your immune system goes hand-in-hand with your thyroid health & autoimmunity healing goals.
7 Steps to Strengthen Your Immune System:
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. Studies show not getting enough quality sleep makes you more susceptible to getting sick. Take high dose Magnesium if you have sleep issues from your thyroid disease. And limit yourself to one caffeinated drink a day - in the early morning.
- Make sure your diet is packed with whole foods (fruits, veggies, nuts, free-range meats, etc.) because they contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and vitamin C, which all can help you fight illness.
- Get some fiber, too. Your gut microbiome is a big part of your immune system – the healthy bacteria in your gut can improve your immunity while keeping pathogens from getting into your body through your digestive tract.
- Cut back on added sugar. This one is a one-two punch. First, added sugars contribute to disease-causing inflammation. And second, they contribute to obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease, all of which can affect your immune system.
- Moderate but regular movement can cut inflammation plus promote the turnover of immune cells in your system. Aim for 150 minutes a week (5 x 30-minute sessions of movement like brisk walking, swimming, pilates, yoga, biking, etc.)
- Don’t get dehydrated because it’s linked with lowered immunity. Try to drink at least half your body weight in ounces in water, daily (140 pounds = 70 ounces).
- Make time to destress by building stress management into your routine. This could be yoga, meditation, prayer, journaling, exercise, or anything else that helps you burn off stress. Being chronically stressed is linked with inflammation in your body, plus it can affect your immune cell function.
Being proactive about your thyroid health and long-term well-being matters now and into the future!
Grab your Free Hashimoto's Quiz & Checklist.
Find out what Symptoms are from which conditions & what you can do about them.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.